News

Simon Cowell confirms baby news

Simon Cowell confirms baby news

"X Factor" boss Simon Cowell has confirmed reports that he's set to become a first-time father. Photo: Associated Press

“X Factor” boss Simon Cowell has confirmed reports suggesting he is set to become a first-time father, insisting, “I’m proud to be a dad.”

The music mogul hit headlines last month amid allegations 36-year-old New York socialite Lauren Silverman is pregnant with his baby, and after weeks of speculation Cowell finally broke his silence about the rumours at the premiere of One Direction’s movie “1D: This Is Us” in London on Tuesday.

With a huge grin on his face, Cowell told the BBC, “Things are changing in my life right now, for the better. I’m proud to be a dad. It’s something I hadn’t thought of before, but now I know I feel good about it. She’s (Silverman) a very special girl.”

When pressed to divulge whether the tot is a boy or girl, he added, “Can’t say.”

Last week Cowell learned he will not be taken to court over Silverman’s divorce from her husband of 10 years, Andrew.

The real estate developer had filed for divorce in early July, citing adultery for the split and naming Cowell as a co-respondent, but the matter was settled out of court.

News

in Entertainment

It’s a dog-eat-dog world at the 2015 Puppy Bowl

Fresh
17-overlay3

It's Ruff versus Tuff in the 11th annual football game of puppy power!

in Entertainment

Nickelodeon latest to offer streaming service

nickelodeon

Good news for "SpongeBob SquarePants" fans.

in Entertainment

Jeff Bridges hopes his new album puts fans to sleep

jeffbridges

"The Big Lebowski" star has released "Sleeping Tapes," a project full of spoken word pieces and meditation mantras.

in Music, Entertainment

Katy Perry promises lions, sharks, and some singing at Super Bowl halftime

katyperry

An unnamed "old school" female singer will show up as a surprise performer in addition to Perry and rocker Lenny Kravitz.

in National

Romney will not run for president in 2016

mittromney

The Republican told his supporters he will not seek a presidential nomination for a third time.