News

‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ sequel set for 2017

Chris Pratt stars a Peter Quill in Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy."/Image.net

Marvel executives have unveiled plans to press ahead with a sequel to “Guardians of the Galaxy,”┬ádays before the superhero movie even hits cinemas.

Director James Gunn and actor Chris Pratt, who stars as lead character Star Lord, shared the news with fans on Saturday as they attended the Marvel Studios’ Comic-Con presentation in San Diego, California.

The announcement comes shortly before the first installment of Guardians of the Galaxy opens across the world next week.

The follow-up film is scheduled for release on 28 July, 2017.

Pratt, who had to bulk up for the role, recently told the New York Post he would jump at the chance to reprise his part as Peter Quill, a mercenary who has to team up with a group of misfits to secure his freedom and save the world after stealing a mysterious orb.

He said, “I’d be thrilled to do (a sequel). I’m just going to sit back and eat chicken and do bench presses and wait by the phone.”

The movie also co-stars Zoe Saldana, Vin Diesel and Bradley Cooper.

News

2 hours ago in National

Top reason Americans will vote for Trump: ‘To stop Clinton’

Fresh
trumpREUTERS

The U.S. presidential election may turn out to be one of the world's biggest un-popularity contests.

4 hours ago in Entertainment, Sports

Kobe Bryant’s ‘Dear Basketball’ to get Disney treatment

KOBE472419167185

Kobe Bryant's farewell poem to basketball is going to be turned into a short film.

5 hours ago in Entertainment, Weird

Fanciful ‘Boaty McBoatface’ passed over for vessel name

19-overlay-1

Don't expect to see Boaty McBoatface on the high seas.

5 hours ago in Entertainment

Alden Ehrenreich cast as Han Solo in ‘Star Wars’ spinoff

ehrenreich260221408342

He will take on the role of Solo, previously made famous by Harrison Ford, in Disney's standalone movie about the life of the hero before he first made his appearance in 1977's "Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope."

6 hours ago in National

U.S. cracks down on e-cigarettes and cigars, bans sales to minors

vapingREUTERS

The U.S. government took wide-ranging steps to crack down for the first time on e-cigarettes and cigars, growing in popularity among teens, and banned sales to anyone under age 18 in hopes of sparing a new generation from nicotine addiction.